Typical April weather awaits us in spring – sometimes the sun shines and it is 15 degrees and sometimes it is freezing cold and the wind whips in the face. This back and forth not only affects the mind but also our skin! In the transition period from winter to spring, many people suffer from dry, rough and itchy skin. Fortunately, you can protect yourself against the changing environmental influences with the right natural cosmetics.
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by junglueck and contains Amazon affiliate links, meaning we receive a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, but this is at no additional cost to you.
We have tested junglueck’s vegan and sustainable natural cosmetic products for you and report our experiences here!
At the end of the article, we also have an exclusive discount code for you, with which you can secure a 15% discount on your next order from junglueck!
Why does our skin need special care when it is cold?
When it is cold outside, we heat even more inside. These temperature differences and the dry air can lead to impurities and very dry and itchy skin. Due to the cold, the blood vessels constrict and the blood supply decreases.
This prevents cell supply with oxygen and nutrients. The low metabolic activity causes a weakened skin protection barrier and thus more moisture is lost. The sebaceous glands also do not work as they should in the cold – the reduced, lipid production damages the natural, protective fat film of the skin.
Without this protective film, which stores the moisture in our skin, we get dry skin. Particularly, the face and hands are often exposed to the cold and therefore should be cared for thoroughly.
Sustainable natural cosmetics
The ever increasing consumption in our society is a critical influencing factor for some of today’s biggest problems – climate change, pollution, groundwater contamination, animal exploitation, etc. Especially now that we have an abundance of offers, it is more important than ever before to create better awareness for the future and make meaningful decisions. If you want to live sustainably and fairly, you should also take a closer look when choosing your cosmetic products.
The natural cosmetics brand junglueck from Munich not only wants to offer high-quality natural cosmetics but also to sensitize its customers to a more sustainable future and raise awareness of their own actions.
Rethinking starts with you.
10 important facts about junglueck
- Reduced plastic consumption through the use of amber glass bottles! A glass recycling program gives additional incentive – if you send 10 empty junglueck bottles back, you will receive a 10% voucher for your next purchase.
- Ingredients: All the ingredients used are broken down and explained on the junglueck shop’s product pages and on their folding boxes. In addition, junglueck’s “Guide to the world of cosmetics” should help you to understand the ingredients (INCIs).
- Made in Germany: junglueck produces with high-quality standards in Germany and in close cooperation with the production partners.
- 100% vegan animal-friendly! This means that no animal ingredients are used! Of course, no animal experiments are done – these have been banned in the EU in the cosmetic sector since March 2013! junglueck also supports charitable projects such as Doctors against animal experiments to strengthen this ban across European borders.
- One product = one tree: For every product purchased, a tree is planted in the northwest mangroves of Madagascar in cooperation with Project Eden.
- CO² positivity: With shares in climate protection projects in India and Kenya as well as the support of reforestation projects in Germany, Madagascar and the tropical forests in Latin America and Asia, junglueck achieves a positive climate balance.
- No nonsense: All products are free from fragrances and colorants (can cause allergies/irritations), hormones or hormone-active substances, silicones and microplastics (stay in water) or essential oils (irritations/allergies).
- Regional: The company comes from Munich (Obersendling).
- Transparency: All ingredients used are broken down and explained on the product pages of the shop and on the folding boxes.
- Aloe Vera: The “Queen of Medicinal Plants” is used in almost all products. Aloe Vera provides the skin with valuable ingredients and moisture like hardly any other plant.
Our test products of junglueck
Hyaluron day cream
In the day cream, rich substances such as argan oil and aloe vera are combined with hyaluronic acid to create a true source of energy.
Our experience: The skin feels very soft and smooth – without a feeling of tension. The cream is quickly absorbed due to its light consistency and does not leave an oil film. We used the cream every morning after facial cleansing and rose water spray.
Tip: The cream is also suitable as a make-up base – nothing crumbles or smudges!
Vitamin C serum
Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant! It neutralizes free radicals, which can lead to premature skin aging and impurities. Vitamin C also stimulates the skin’s own collagen production, relieves micro-inflammation and refines the complexion.
Our experience: After application, the skin feels pleasantly “firm”. Just like the day cream, the serum is quickly absorbed. However, it leaves a nice glow effect and does not mattify. The serum is absorbed very quickly and is very productive.
Tip: Depending on how demanding your skin is, you can also take the serum before the day cream – just wait until the serum has absorbed and then apply the cream.
Hyaluron night cream
Just like the day cream, the night cream provides the skin with sufficient moisture with the help of argan oil, aloe vera and hyaluronic acid. The argan oil is rich in valuable antioxidants, vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It ensures healthy protection and has an antibacterial effect.
Our experience: We always used the night cream after cleaning the face and the rose water. Compared to the day cream, the night cream is comparatively richer and therefore does not absorb so quickly. The skin feels very soft and in no way oily.
Tip: If you feel like you need more extensive care during the day, you can apply the night cream instead of the day cream in the morning. In the same way, of course, vice versa.
A combination of aloe vera and vitamin A inhibits collagen breakdown and stimulates cell regeneration. When used externally, retinol is the strongest form of vitamin A and protects the skin from free radicals in the environment. The serum contains retinyl palmitate, an inactive precursor of retinol and is therefore particularly gentle and very well tolerated.
Our experience: We applied the retinol serum 2 to 3 times a week before the hyaluron night cream. Simply clean the face as usual, dry it, apply the serum and then apply the night cream after a few minutes. By the way, a small amount is enough, so the bottle should last a while!
Tip: Adequate sun protection! Due to the accelerated renewal of the cells, the upper skin layer is accordingly sensitive to UV radiation.
Thanks to the high ricinoleic acid content, castor oil has an antiseptic, disinfectant and healing effect. It is even said that regular application to the scalp, eyebrows or eyelashes stimulates natural hair growth.
Our experience: The oil is fairly odorless (it reminds a little of sesame oil) and is viscous because it is one of the oils with the highest density. The oil is an all-rounder! We used it as skin, hair, eyelash, scalp, nail and lip care and as body oil. A small amount is enough to make the oil last a really long time!
Tip: If you mix the oil with warm water or spread it on wet skin after showering, it will absorb faster!
The rose concentrate for the rose water comes from the Damascus rose – organically grown in the “Valley of the Roses” in Bulgaria. The rose water is ideal for the care of inflammatory and reddening skin. It moisturizes and makes a dull and pale complexion visibly shine.
Our experience: Every morning and every evening we sprayed the rose water on the face as a toner, spread it with our fingers and let it soak in. The rose water smells incredibly good! For this reason alone it is absolutely worthwhile, in our opinion!
Tip: You can also use the rose water on a dry and itchy scalp – just spray on the affected areas on the head! For me (Anni) that really helped!
Our conclusion on natural cosmetics from Junglueck
Alone due to the commitment to sustainable action and thoughtful consumption, junglueck has already gathered brownie points! Starting with the amber glass bottles and the recycling system, through the reforestation projects, to the complete transparency of the ingredients, the company makes a really good impression!
Of course, the products themselves must also convince – they have convinced us! We had no intolerance or redness. Of course, we cannot report the long-term effects after a week, but we really have the feeling that the products keep what they promise. What we particularly like: There is no “nonsense” in it! No strange, artificial ingredients that only serve as fillers, but effective, natural ingredients!
And do not forget: If you want to order something, you can save 15% with our code “anniandtimo15“! However, only until March 31, 2020! On the website o junglueck you can have a delivery to Germany and Austria. You can also have deliveries to other countries on Amazon, but unfortunately, the discount code does not work there.
If you want to learn more about sustainable brands or sustainability in general, here are some interesting articles for you:
- Sustainable Fashion by Organic Basics
- Home-Composable coffee capsules by Halo
- What is responsible and sustainable tourism
We also have a few suitable articles if you are generally interested in vegan products or a vegan lifestyle: